Frequently Asked Questions
Please check the following frequently asked questions for any queries that you may have. If you cannot find the answer to your question, please call our customer service at 1-866-827-8586.
1. What is Family Express Online Money Transfer?
Family Express Online Money Transfer enables you to send money from your bank to your beneficiary by Interac® Online or Interac® eTransfer. With Online Money Transfer, you do not need to visit a branch. All you need to do is sign up.
3. Where can I send money to?
You can only send money to the Philippines.
4. What are the different types of Remit Services?
You can send money via:
- Claim funds at any branches of Bank of Commerce, Banco De Oro, Cebuana Lhuillier, Enterprise Bank, GCash, M Lhuillier, Palawan Pawnshops, SM Business Centers, SM Department Stores, Tambunting Pawnshops and Villarica Pawnshops all over the Philippines using one reference number.
- Deposit to your recipient's Bank Account - certain conditions apply
- Cash Delivery to your recipient's home or office address - this may take up to 2-3 business days depending on the delivery areas.
- Food Delivery to your recipients - You can also surprise your loved ones by sending food delivery transactions from Jollibee and Max’ s Restaurants. Jollibee and Max’s will deliver the food packages as long as the address is a short distance to one of their branches. Otherwise, they will call your beneficiary for food pick-up arrangements.
5. Do I need to register?
To send money using Family Express Online, you need to register as a client of Family Express.
6. How much are your fees?
Please login to your account and check the fees as it varies base on amount sent.
7. How much can I send?
Please login to your account and check your available limit to send.
8. How do I pay?
You can pay online with your debit only card using INTERAC® Online from either RBC, TD, Scotia, or BMO. For all other financial institutions such as CIBC, all credit unions, Visa Debit or Mastercard Debit issued by your financial institutions, you can pay via Interac® e-Transfer or more commonly known as Interac Email Money Transfer.
9. Paying with a debit card
You can use debit card to pay for your transaction. Normally there are no additional charges for debit card transactions and the participating banks are RBC, BMO, TD and Scotia.
10. Paying direct from bank account
If you choose to pay direct from your bank, simply choose "Pay from bank account" and follow the instructions to use the INTERAC Online payment solution.
11. Can I pay using a credit card?
No. At the moment we only accept debit cards or INTERAC online payments.
12. Is my money safe?
Yes, your money is safe. We use Godaddy's 256-bit SSL security on our website. This means nobody can intercept the details of your transaction. Our company is also registered with the Financial Transactions Report Analysis of Canada (FINTRAC) as a Money Services Business (MSB) with MSB registration number M08919402.
13. When will my recipient receive the money?
Your recipient will be able to collect cash almost immediately, within office hours and since some of the payout centers of Cebuana and M Lhuillier are open 24/7, your recipient can also receive the money during non-office hours.
14. Where can my recipient collect cash?
Please see our pick up location page found on this website.